Salmon with Tarragon Sauce
Here’s a fast and foolproof microwave method for tender salmon steaks covered with a distinctive Dijon and green onion sauce. —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- Place salmon in a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour wine over top. Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove salmon and keep warm.
- Add butter and onion to the pan juices; cover and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir in the flour, mustard and tarragon until blended; gradually stir in milk. Cook, uncovered for 1-2 minutes or until thickened; stirring every 30 seconds. Serve with salmon.