Salmon with Lemon-Dill Butter
If you’re looking for a dish that’s fast and healthy, this one has it all. Round it out with steamed sugar snap peas for a simple weeknight meal. —Jennie Richards, Riverton, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 5 teaspoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh zest
- Place salmon, skin side down, on a broiler pan. Combine the butter, lemon juice, lemon zest and dill. Brush one-third of mixture over salmon. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with remaining butter mixture.
Sesame-Orange Salmon: Follow method as directed but combine the butter with 1-1/2 tsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce, 3/4 tsp. grated orange peel and 1/2 tsp. sesame seeds. Nutrition Facts: 1 fillet equals 224 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat. Salmon with Garlic Rosemary Butter: Follow method as directed but combine the butter with 3/4 tsp. honey, 1 minced garlic clove and 1/4 tsp. crushed dried rosemary. Nutrition Facts: 1 fillet equals 229 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.