Lemon Grilled Salmon
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 15 min.
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 salmon fillet (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 onion slices, separated into rings
- Sprinkle dill, lemon-pepper, salt if desired and garlic powder over salmon. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the brown sugar, broth, oil, soy sauce and green onions; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill salmon skin side down, over medium heat; arrange lemon and onion slices over the top. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 280 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 633mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 4, 2017
I thought this was great. Just asked my husband, who is now on a heart-healthy diet following a double angioplasty, "How's the salmon?" He replied, "Effin' excellent!" I guess we'll be having this more often! I doubled the marinade ingredients (both the rub and the sauce) as a couple of reviewers suggested, and refrigerated the fillet in the marinade for about three hours. The dill in my garden is mostly gone to seed but I did get enough dill fronds to make the rub, then before grilling I sprinkled a bit more dried dillweed over the fish. I'd forgotten to buy green onions so I just added a couple more slices of regular onion to the marinade.
Jul 26, 2016
Excellent! Used this recipe with fresh Sockeye Salmon. Followed recipe as written. Just incredible flavors!!! Will make again and again!
Aug 26, 2015
My family loved this recipe, but I only thought it was ok. Thus the four stars. Trust my fam ;-)
Aug 26, 2015
Delicious salmon! I made this exactly as written and loved it!
Jul 14, 2015
So good! We really liked this one! We cooked it on the grill in a disposable foil pan for easy clean up.
Oct 10, 2014
I have used this since it first came out in the "Taste of Home" magazine many years ago. Wonderful flavor. I DO double the marinade ingredients, however, for more coverage as the fish marinates in the dish or bag. My children have greatly enjoyed the teriyaki flavor and the lemon slices provide a great presentation.
Jun 25, 2014
My sister and her husband like to grill. This is one of their favorite grilling entrees. It is very easy to prepare.
May 29, 2014
i made this recipe last night, i also let the salmon marinate for 3 hours in the fridge turning itoccasionnaly . Did cook it on BBQ on double non-stick alumiinium fold. i keep the temperature at 350`F and cook it for 20 minutes.it was just mouth watering, not dry at all for salmon.
May 3, 2014
Love, love, love!!!
Jul 22, 2013
I have been searching for a great Salmon recipe....and this is definitely IT!!! The brown sugar adds just a hint of sweetness and my neighbors and family really loved this flavor! The dill is not overpowering, and adds a distinct flavor to the salmon. AWESOME RECIPE and easy to prepare!!!