Lemon Basil Salmon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 salmon fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Prepare campfire or grill for medium heat. Place each fillet, skin side down, on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Mix melted butter, basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper; spoon over salmon. Fold foil around fish, sealing tightly.
- Cook on campfire or in covered grill until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 10-15 minutes. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 274 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Feb 13, 2020
Salmon is a favorite for me with sauces like this. Thanks to the persons that put in an oven temp and 10 min. per inch note as a reminder. I always cook fish like that very notation.
Jan 9, 2016
Just made this for dinner. My picky husband said it was the best meal that I have ever cooked. Wow!!! I ended up doubling the sauce and did 4 TBS of everything in a foil pack. Cooked it in oven at 400 degrees for 25 min. It was amazing and loaded with flavor. It was so moist and juicy that the salmon just fell apart . This recipe is definitely a keeper.
Jun 9, 2010
Good, but not a lot of flavor. I prefer sweet, glaze type marinades for salmon. But if you have leftovers of this recipe, it makes great salmon patties.
Apr 16, 2009
You can bake the salmon. 400 deg. for l0 minutes per l inch but you can check fish to be sure its cooked. I would use this recipe and merely bake it.
Jun 20, 2008
Seems every recipe for salmon is cooked on a grill, is there no other way to prepare salmon for those that do not own a grill ??