- 2 salmon fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Prepare campfire or grill for medium heat. Place each fillet, skin side down, on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Mix melted butter, basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper; spoon over salmon. Fold foil around fish, sealing tightly.
- Cook on campfire or in covered grill until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 10-15 minutes. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
1 fillet: 274 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.