Lemon Salmon with Basil
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 medium lemons, thinly sliced
- Additional fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place salmon in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with lemon zest, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons basil; top with lemon slices.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. If desired, top with additional basil.
Nutrition Facts1 salmon fillet: 294 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Aug 21, 2017
This was quite good. I halved the recipe for my husband and myself. My only addition was a sprinkling of salt-free Southwest seasoning along with the salt and pepper, because I didn't have as much lemon peel or basil as I would have preferred. I'll make this again.