Grilled Barbecued Salmon
For a beautiful blend of sweet and spicy, salmon is grilled and basted with barbecue sauce perked up by brown sugar and hints of chili, soy sauce and lime.—Country Woman Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside 1/4 cup for serving.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over hot heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with barbecue sauce mixture.
- Top with reserved sauce; sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 383 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 785mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein.
Originally published as Thai Barbeque Salmon in Country Woman April/May 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.