- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 salmon fillets (about 1-1/2 pounds each)
- orange or lemon slices, optional
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Grill salmon over medium heat, skin side down, for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Baste every 5 minutes with citrus mixture. Garnish with orange or lemon slices if desired.
6 ounces cooked salmon: 530 calories, 40g fat (6g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 39g protein.