Grilled Citrus Salmon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 salmon fillets (about 1-1/2 pounds each)
- orange or lemon slices, optional
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Grill salmon over medium heat, skin side down, for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Baste every 5 minutes with citrus mixture. Garnish with orange or lemon slices if desired.
Nutrition Facts6 ounces cooked salmon: 530 calories, 40g fat (6g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 39g protein.
Aug 3, 2014
Aug 2, 2014
I used only the lemon, I thought the orange would make it too sweet, as I do not like sweet meat or seafood. It was fantastic!! I didn't cook it as long, only 12 min. did it perfect.
Aug 1, 2014
Love the citrus but be careful not to overcook the salmon!
Aug 1, 2014
So easy and absolutely delicious! Our dinner guests were so impressed! A real keeper!