Citrus Salmon Fillets with Salsa
Take lemony salmon fillets to the next level with a fresh, colorful homemade salsa. Just add a simple side of rice for a complete dinner. —Tiffany Hartpence, Lander, WY
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, pineapple, basil, lime juice, shallots, soy sauce, brown sugar and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cover and chill until serving.
- Place fillets in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; pour broth into dish. Sprinkle fillets with lemon peel and remaining pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 357 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 479mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Pineapple Tomato Salmon in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.