Orange Salmon with Sauteed Spinach
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade spreadable fruit
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4-1/2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- Sprinkle salmon with 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the marmalade, cream, soy sauce, ginger and 4-1/2 teaspoons butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes; set aside.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil and remaining butter for 1 minute. Add spinach and remaining salt and pepper; cook for 4-5 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Divide spinach among four plates; top each with salmon. Drizzle with marmalade sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet with 1/4 cup spinach mixture and 2 tablespoons sauce: 346 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 604mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 28, 2016
I think orange and salmon go together like peanut butter and jelly so this was a must try. It was delicious. My husband loved it. Definitely flavorful and would be a dish you are proud to serve to company.
Aug 15, 2012
This was excellent! Very tasty, easy to make.
Jun 24, 2012
Excellent, my husband and I really liked it. I cut the recipe in half since there was only 2 of us, but I didn't cut the spinach in half. It cooks down so much the 6 oz. pkg, was perfect for 2.