Salmon with Fruit Salsa
Salmon is readily available cut into skinless and boneless fillets or into steaks. You can use either in this recipe.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing Grill: 15 min.
- 2 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle salmon with remaining salt and pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-9 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve salsa with a slotted spoon with salmon.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 381 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 399mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Salmon with Fruit Salsa in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.