Salmon with Pineapple Sauce
We catch the key ingredient for this entree fresh from our local waters. I'm wild about 49th state cuisine—from berries to game to fish.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- Place salmon in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, pineapple juice, soy sauce and water until smooth. Stir in the brown sugar, ginger and cayenne. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add pineapple; heat through. Serve with salmon.