Salmon with Balsamic Orange Sauce
Preparing this fish is so easy that you can enjoy it on busy weeknights. You will want to serve it all the time. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 salmon fillets (6 ounces each), skin removed
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place salmon in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. In a small bowl, mix orange zest, vinegar, honey and salt; spread over fillets.
- Roast 15-18 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, mix cornstarch and orange juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in honey, vinegar and salt; serve with salmon.
Nutrition Facts1 salmon fillet with 2 tablespoons sauce: 299 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 455mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Balsamic Orange Salmon in Taste of Home Special Interest Publications 2013