Salmon with Balsamic-Honey Glaze
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- Combine the first six ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Place salmon skin side down on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon glaze over salmon; top with oregano.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 319 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Mar 22, 2018
Lovely seafood recipe-will try to get it in some big restaurent,thanks for the wonderful recipe.
Jan 4, 2018
Made exactly as posted with very disappointing results. Two distinct tastes of the salmon and balsamic with neither complimenting the other.
Jul 21, 2017
This was so good!! Easy to make and I loved the marinade.
May 4, 2017
The sauce never thickened! My husband hated it. The sauce was way to strong to our taste.
Nov 10, 2015
I really did not like this recipe. I followed directions exactly, but the sauce would not thicken. I wound up having it boil for over 10 minutes before I saw any thickening. I think that's what caused the sauce to taste so horrible. I may try this again but not for a while. There are better salmon recipes out there.
Feb 11, 2015
I baked the salmon on a salt block so only basted with the balsamic honey glaze...no seasoning. So delicious!
May 23, 2014
Such a great simple recipe! The whole family loved it!
Jan 25, 2014
This was so simple and has great flavor. Thanks for the recipe!
Oct 3, 2013
Awesome! Glaze was excellent. Now my husband wants to replace the white wine with red and try it on steak.
Apr 20, 2013
I served this for a family dinner; it was delicious and everyone loved it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.