Strawberry-Teriyaki Glazed Salmon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat broiler. In a small saucepan, combine jam, soy sauce, garlic and ginger; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Place in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Broil 4-6 in. from heat 8-10 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, brushing with 2 tablespoons jam mixture during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Just before serving, brush with remaining jam mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 salmon fillet: 234 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 507mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Jul 30, 2015
The sauce was delicious and the dish as a whole was easy to prepare and quick to come together. Rather than 4 filets I used one large one, so it was slower than expected, but I could have licked this sauce off the plate it was so good. My daughter and husband both enjoyed it. Definitely a keeper!!
Jul 20, 2015
This was very good. However, you have to keep your eye on the soy sauce strawberry mixture because it can get too thick real fast.
May 18, 2015
Delicious and beautiful! This was very easy to prepare and so flavorful. I used strawberry jam with seeds but couldn't detect them when I was eating the salmon. I cooked a whole fillet, so it took longer than the smaller, individual ones. Will make again and share the recipe w/others!
Apr 20, 2015
we substituted Apricot Preservers for the strawberry jam, had it yesterday and still getting complements today!
Mar 20, 2015
This was AMAZING! I've made it 3 times now for different guests and they all love it! It's quick and easy to make.