Honey Balsamic Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 4-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the vinegar, honey and basil to the pan; cook and stir for 1 minute. Return chicken to the pan; heat through, turning to coat with glaze.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 232 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 524mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Oct 14, 2016
I thought this had wonderful flavor. I put the chicken over rice and poured some of the sauce over the chicken. It was fabulous!
Mar 13, 2015
Great flavor and super easy.
Jan 6, 2014
This is a tasty recipe, low in calories and fat. It was easy and quick to make, too.
Jun 13, 2013
This is a super-fast, delicious recipe. I add more honey and cut back the balsamic vinegar. It's my husband's favorite chicken!
Apr 28, 2012
This recipe was disappointing. I expected it to have a lot of flavor and it was actually kind of bland.
Apr 20, 2012
I love the flavor, nice and sweet!
Nov 7, 2011
Very tender chicken, husband loved the flavor
Jul 20, 2011
Fast and Easy. Perfect for 2 people.i did use 3 tablespoons of honey and 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar,but besides that it was a perfect recipe for us.this recipe will stay with us
May 19, 2011
I made 4 servings easily just by doubling the glaze ingredients. My husband liked it so much he had seconds for dinner and took the leftovers for lunch the next day. Already marked as one of my favorite recipes. This chicken would also be great in a salad with candied pecans.
Apr 21, 2011
This was really simple to make, fast, and tasted very impressive for so few ingredients! This goes in my recipe file.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.