Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh thyme sprigs, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring the grapefruit juice, vinegar, syrup and garlic to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Transfer 2 tablespoons to a small bowl; add oil. Set remaining glaze aside.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper; place skin side down on grill rack. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat until fish flakes easily with a fork, 10-12 minutes, basting occasionally with maple-oil mixture. Drizzle with reserved 2 Tbsp. glaze. If desired, garnish with fresh thyme sprigs.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 266 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Mar 17, 2017
This recipe is GREAT! I used orange juice since I cannot have grapefruit juice due to medical restrictions. I did not have regular olive oil, so I used extra-virgin olive oil. I also broiled fish up to 20 minutes and fork-tested it for doneness. These were the only 2 changes!
Mar 17, 2016
This is the only way I love salmon anymore. I was spoiled by Gaucho grill in California that serves their salmon with a sweet glaze. LOL : )
Sep 2, 2015
Absolutely outstanding. Super easy to make. The glaze is thinner than we expected but any thicker would have been too sweet. We used grapefruit juice... Just remember fish should only cook to internal temperature of 140 degrees.
Oct 21, 2013
This was delicious! I didn't have any grapefruit juice on hand, so I substituted orange juice as other reviewers did. Really good, will make again!
Nov 9, 2011
My whole family loved this! We have medical restrictions on grapfruit, so I substituted orange juice and it was SO good! My 4 and 6 year old LOVED it!
Mar 3, 2011
My family and company love this recipe.
May 24, 2010
My favorite salmon recipe is super easy. I mix equal parts balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and maple syrup in a resealable bag and add salmon filets to marinate for about 10 minutes. Then grill or broil until flaky. Super simple and tastes great.
May 24, 2010
YUCK! Boring and flavorless!
Apr 2, 2010
My husband and I both loved this recipe--will definitely make again.
Sep 16, 2009
This recipe sounds great but, what else can i use in place of the grapefruit juice ? i can not have it cause of the medicine i take for cholesterol