Maple Baked Salmon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons sliced almonds, toasted, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place salmon fillets in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, syrup, soy sauce, mustard and pepper. Pour over salmon.
- Cover and bake 10 minutes. Uncover and bake 8-10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with fork. Sprinkle with almonds if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 349 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 453mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.
Nov 30, 2018
I have made this several times in a cast iron skillet. Wonderful and delicious.
May 5, 2017
SO GOOD MY FAMILY LOVES IT!!!! DELICIOUS
Oct 7, 2016
Hubby and I are trying to eat more salmon, it has never really been a favorite of ours. Although, We are starting to develop a taste for it, this recipe took it to the next level. It was absolutely delicious ! We served it with rice and TOH Honey Garlic Green Beans, I recommend that as a side.
Feb 5, 2016
Really yummy! I only had 2 fillets but still made the entire amount of sauce. With the extra, I poured it over some steamed brussels sprouts and a tiny bit over the salmon once it was done. I actually added a bit more maple syrup and brown sugar to the sauce because we wanted it a bit more sweet. Next time I will try pure maple syrup, I think that will make the dish even better.
May 6, 2014
Perfect way to eat salmon, especially for someone who does not like fish!
Sep 10, 2013
Made exactly by the recipe and it was delicious! I baked it covered longer because my salmon wasn't quite thawed. Very yummy flavour and lots of sauce for your rice.
Feb 22, 2013
My husband and I loved this recipe! It's definitely a new favorite. The only thing I might try is to broil it next time a little bit at the end to get that yummy crust on top.
Oct 2, 2012
This was a very moist recipe. I went ahead and added some Worcestershire sauce, excluded the maple and brown sugar for honey and a sprinkle of soysauce.Baked it for 15-20 mins at 425F and made enough sauce to pour on the finished product; pretty good overall. My fam bam liked it, i thought it was delicious.