Salmon with Brown Sugar Glaze
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 salmon fillet (2-1/2 pounds)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir the brown sugar, butter and honey until melted. Remove from the heat; whisk in the oil, mustard, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Place salmon in a large foil-lined baking pan; spoon brown sugar mixture over top. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked salmon: 295 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein.
Sep 11, 2019
The glaze is delicious! We also grilled the salmon. A definite keeper!
Mar 17, 2017
Very nice and different sauce! Used two individual salmon fillets and cooked in skillet with olive oil on stove and added sauce after salmon was cooked. Omitted salt. Next time will lessen sugar. Was great! Thank you for sharing!
May 2, 2016
This one is a keeper. I cooked my salmon on the grill on foil and it was fantastic
Mar 20, 2015
The glaze was really good, but I must not have cooled it enough cuz it rolled right off the salmon.
Jan 16, 2015
I am not a salmon fan, but in an attempt to cook healthier I tried this recipe. It was surprisingly good. I omitted the mustard because I really, really don't like it. If you want the sauce to thicken and glaze, turn the oven up to 385. I will definitely make this one again.
Mar 23, 2014
I FINALLY GOT MY HUSBAND TO EAT SALMON WITH THIS RECIPE!!!!! THIS IS FABULOUS
Feb 3, 2014
Jul 31, 2013
This is good, but I was hoping it would be more flavorful.
Jul 21, 2013
Good and easy!!!!
Jul 1, 2013
Quite easy and fast to prepare. I am not much of a salmon person but my husband loves salmon so I decided to make this and both my husband and 5 year old son really enjoyed it.