Maple Teriyaki Salmon Fillets
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended. Remove 1/2 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add salmon; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1-3 hours.
- Drain salmon, discarding marinade in bag. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Place salmon on grill rack, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting frequently during the last 4 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 349 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 512mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.
Feb 24, 2016
I'm always looking for new salmon recipes and this was delicious. I will definitely make again, but will use a tip from another reviewer - use applesauce instead of juice. I think it would be good for the marinade to "stick" a bit better to the salmon when broiling. I think subbing pineapple juice for the apple juice would be great.
Jan 15, 2014
Make this once a week. love it
Jun 11, 2013
I've made this many times and it is excellent. This time, I didn't have any apple juice, but I did have some apple sauce. Worked great, and the marinade stuck to the salmon even better. Made it for my folks and they just loved it!!
Jul 10, 2011
I was looking for something easy to make and found this recipe. Made this for dinner tonight, and i thought that it was a little dry. I marinated the fish for about 2 hours, there was little flavor in it. The marinade does not penetrate well into the fish.
Nov 8, 2010
This is one of my 2 favorite salmon recipes (both from TOH). Always delicious & couldn't be easier. Moist, flavorful - wouldn't change a thing. Thank you, TOH!
Aug 20, 2010
Loved this salmon. The only thing that I changed was that I cooked it on the grill instead of in the broiler. I served it with the Noodle Rice Pilaf and green beans.
Jul 19, 2009
I made this for dinner for some of my girlfriends, they were so impressed. The salmon looks so pretty out of the broiler, melts in your mouth. Everyone wanted the recipe