Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, torn into pieces
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place salmon on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Mix mustard and honey; brush over salmon. Place bread in a food processor; pulse until coarse crumbs form. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in walnuts, oil and thyme; press onto salmon.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 295 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 30, 2019
My husband and I loved the honey, mustard and walnuts, but even at just 1/2 a tsp of thyme, it was a bit too overpowering. I think if I cut it to 1/4 tsp, it would be just right. I'm going to give this another shot, because it was good, just a bit too much thyme for us.
Nov 13, 2018
I made this exactly as the recipe stated and thought it was delish! I will make this again.
Dec 30, 2014
Was just ok for me. I felt like it was lacking in flavor. Maybe just adding salt and pepper to the salmon like another reviewer suggested is the key.
Jun 22, 2014
Quick and onolicious! We love all types of fish and eat at least 2-3 times a week. Having a simple recipe like this is a time saver. Thanks for sharing.
Apr 24, 2014
Delicious! Seasoned the salmon with a bit of salt & pepper before spreading on the Dijon/honey mixture.
Feb 24, 2014
Had whole wheat bread on hand so made the recipe as writen. It was delicious and very filling.
Feb 22, 2014
Loved the addition of thyme to the honey mustard topping! It was delicious and easy to make.
Feb 8, 2014
Tried this salmon recipe tonight from my new taste of home magazine - turned out great - the honey and mustard cut the fishy taste - will definitely make again. Field Editor, Taste Of Home
Feb 6, 2014
This was delicious. Made it exactly as written. My family loved it. Quick and easy to prepare. Great weeknight dish.
Jan 31, 2014
I also used bread crumbs... but everything else was great!