OUR DAUGHTER sent us whole salmon for Christmas one year, so I searched the web and found this recipe. I have served this with a wild rice pilaf, and a green vegetable. With these colors, it makes a lovely presentation. --Judy Wilson, Sun City West, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar and mustards; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Place salmon, skin side down, in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Spread mustard mixture over fillets; gently press bread crumbs on top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.