OUR DAUGHTER sent us whole salmon for Christmas one year, so I searched the web and found this recipe. I have served this with a wild rice pilaf, and a green vegetable. With these colors, it makes a lovely presentation. --Judy Wilson, Sun City West, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar and mustards; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Place salmon, skin side down, in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Spread mustard mixture over fillets; gently press bread crumbs on top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 347 calories, 24g fat (4g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 595mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Baked Salmon with Mustard Crumb Crust in Reminisce August/September 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.