Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, mix the first 10 ingredients. Rub fillets with seasoning mixture; drizzle with oil.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Place salmon on grill rack, skin side up. Grill, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from heat 5 minutes. Turn; grill 4-6 minutes longer or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 295 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 385mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 8, 2019
Very Flavorful, I substituted Brown Erythritol for the Brown Sugar to make it Keto Friendly. I broiled instead of grilled and it was still very good!
Jul 12, 2017
Excellent, used it on scallops also.
Dec 31, 2016
Excellent recipe. Delicious rub for salmon. Definitely making again!
Aug 19, 2016
May 28, 2016
This salmon has a great flavor. Will definitely make again.
May 15, 2015
This is a fantastic spice rub for salmon. My husband requests it every time I mention having salmon.