Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, mix the first 10 ingredients. Rub fillets with seasoning mixture; drizzle with oil.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Place salmon on grill rack, skin side up. Grill, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from heat 5 minutes. Turn; grill 4-6 minutes longer or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 295 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 385mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Jul 12, 2017
Excellent, used it on scallops also.
Dec 31, 2016
Excellent recipe. Delicious rub for salmon. Definitely making again!
Aug 19, 2016
May 28, 2016
This salmon has a great flavor. Will definitely make again.
May 15, 2015
This is a fantastic spice rub for salmon. My husband requests it every time I mention having salmon.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.