Salmon Potato Salad
For a deluxe side dish, I whip up this recipe featuring salmon and potatoes in a creamy dill dressing. The trick is to fix enough - people are bound to come back for seconds! -Shirley A. Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 6 cups cubed cooked red potatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1-3/4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add salmon; toss lightly. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients; mix well. Pour over the salad and stir gently. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 520 calories, 43g fat (6g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 856mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Salmon Potato Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.