Salmon with Horseradish Pistachio Crust
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 shallot, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon or orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place salmon, skin side down, in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spread sour cream over each fillet. Combine remaining ingredients. Pat crumb-nut mixture onto tops of salmon fillets, pressing to help coating adhere. Bake until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 12-15 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 salmon fillet: 376 calories, 25g fat (5g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Oct 27, 2017
So flavorful and moist!! We both loved this. I used sliced almonds in place of the pistachios that I didn’t have. The crunchy, toasted flavor of the nuts and other ingredients was primo!! Can’t wait to make it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.