Salmon with Horseradish Pistachio Crust
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon or orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place salmon, skin side down, in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spread sour cream over each fillet. Combine remaining ingredients. Pat crumb-nut mixture onto tops of salmon fillets, pressing to help coating adhere. Bake until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 12-15 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 salmon fillet: 376 calories, 25g fat (5g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 27, 2017
So flavorful and moist!! We both loved this. I used sliced almonds in place of the pistachios that I didn’t have. The crunchy, toasted flavor of the nuts and other ingredients was primo!! Can’t wait to make it again.