This simple salmon gets its crunch from a coating of crushed pistachios, panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Add steamed veggies and rice and it's dinnertime! —Anthony Oraczewski, Port St. Lucie, FL
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min
- 1/3 cup pistachios, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 salmon fillet (1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, toss pistachios with bread crumbs and cheese.
- Place salmon on a greased foil-lined 15x10x1-in. pan, skin side down; sprinkle with with salt and pepper. Top with pistachio mixture, pressing to adhere. Bake, uncovered, until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 15-20 minutes.
Health Tip: Save any leftover pistachios for snacks. A serving (about 50 nuts) packs 6 grams of protein, 3 grams of fiber and over 10 percent of the B6, thiamine, copper and phosphorous we need daily.