This simple salmon gets its crunch from a coating of crushed pistachios, panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Add steamed veggies and rice and it's dinnertime! —Anthony Oraczewski, Port St. Lucie, FL
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min
- 1/3 cup pistachios, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 salmon fillet (1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, toss pistachios with bread crumbs and cheese.
- Place salmon on a greased foil-lined 15x10x1-in. pan, skin side down; sprinkle with with salt and pepper. Top with pistachio mixture, pressing to adhere. Bake, uncovered, until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 15-20 minutes.
Health Tip: Save leftover pistachios for snacking! One serving (about 50 nuts) has 6g protein, 3g fiber and more than 10 percent of the daily value for B6, thiamin, copper and phosphorous.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked fish: 269 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 497mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Pistachio crusted Salmon in Simple & Delicious December/January 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.