- 6 orange slices
- 6 lime slices
- 6 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and halved
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425°. Cut parchment or heavy-duty foil into six 15x10-in. pieces; fold in half. Arrange citrus slices on 1 side of each piece. Top with fish and asparagus. Spritz with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and parsley. Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Fold parchment over fish; draw edges together and crimp with fingers to form tightly sealed packets. Place in baking pans.
- Bake until fish flakes easily with a fork, 12-15 minutes. Open packets carefully to allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts1 packet: 224 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Citrus Salmon En Papillote in Taste of Home April/May 2017