Pistachio-Crusted Salmon with Lemon Cream Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place fillets on a greased baking sheet; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread with mayonnaise and sprinkle with pistachios.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook and stir shallot in oil over medium-high heat until tender. Add cream, lemon zest, salt and cayenne; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Serve with salmon.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet with 1/4 cup sauce: 699 calories, 59g fat (20g saturated fat), 172mg cholesterol, 837mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein.
Feb 12, 2018
So, so good! So easy. It's a keeper!!
Aug 13, 2016
We SERIOUSLY loved this! Our family is a huge pistachio fan so I wasn't surprised everyone loved them on salmon. My favorite was the sauce... so good and great with some steamed veggies and rice for sides!
Mar 23, 2016
This is wicked good. I followed the recipe exactly except I omitted the salt. I could've eaten the whole salmon filet by myself! I served the lemon sauce over red potatoes and saut?ed kale. Amazing.
Jan 20, 2016
I made this recipe just as it called out. The second time I made it I tried Verlasso salmon, which gave the recipe a richer flavor. This recipe needs no changes except tiny seasoning changes to taste, that's it. I made cheddar drop biscuits and steamed winter veggies to go with it, It was incredible. This is a new family favorite!
Jul 24, 2015
This was really delicious and I will definitely make again. Just one thing - the pistachios I used were already salted, so I should have omitted sprinkling the salt on the salmon as it turned out a little too salty.
Sep 11, 2012
This turned out excellent!!! It was moist, creamy and had my favorite nut on there. I have four kids that ate it down faster than ice-cream. No left overs :)
Aug 12, 2012
We loved the recipe. I didn't include the shallots in the sauce. We loved the nutty taste of the pistachios and creamy sauce with the salmon. Easy to make, yet looks very elegant.
Jul 10, 2012
I loved this recipe!!! We cook salmon all of the time and now this is one of our favorites. Very simple to make...didn't change a thing and it was yummy!
Jun 1, 2012
This was so good. we had Broccoli with it and the sauce was good on it also
May 31, 2012
This recipe was EXCELLENT! My husband and I are definitely planning to put this on our list of recipes to make again. The flavor was astounding and the sauce was rich and creamy!