Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 salmon steaks (about 1-1/8 inches thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg white until frothy. Dip fish in egg white, then coat with nuts. Gently pat nut mixture onto fish.
- In a large skillet, cook fish in oil over medium heat for about 6-8 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Meanwhile, melt butter. Stir in parsley and lemon juice. Drizzle over fish. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 793 calories, 77g fat (17g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 641mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 23g protein.
Jan 30, 2018
The sweetness of the macadamia nuts pair really well with the salmon! We thought it was DELISH! Will be making again - great for weeknights or special occasions!
Aug 23, 2012
So delicious. Don't cook it in a cast iron pan, though, I burned the nuts.
May 30, 2011
A really great use of macademia nuts. The salmon was delicious. However, because of the super-high calories in this meal, it isn't one I'll make too frequently.
Jan 6, 2009
I think I overcooked the fish. I'll probably give this one another try, but the rest of my family was real thrilled with the it.
May 10, 2008
It's very delicious, I tried this recipe for my mother-in-law's birthday, everyone went back for seconds!!