Salmon and Spud Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/3 cup red wine vinaigrette, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- Cut potatoes lengthwise in half. Trim and cut green beans and asparagus into 2-in. pieces. Place potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender, adding green beans and asparagus during the last 4 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- Meanwhile, brush salmon with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place fish on oiled grill rack, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
- In a large bowl, combine potato mixture, arugula, tomatoes and chives. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve with salmon.
Nutrition Facts1 salmon fillet with 2 cups salad: 480 calories, 23g fat (4g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 642mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Apr 2, 2017
Loved the combination of salmon and asparagus..very good flavors! The dish was easy to make and very attractive when served!
Jun 16, 2016
I only made 1/2 of the recipe for 2 of us. Since I'm not fond of Asparagus, I used all green beans, kept the tomatoes whole, did everything on the grill and basted w/ the vinaigrette . Yum!! P.S. Make sure the salmon is wild caught!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.