Salmon and Spud Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/3 cup red wine vinaigrette, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- Cut potatoes lengthwise in half. Trim and cut green beans and asparagus into 2-in. pieces. Place potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 10-15 minutes, adding green beans and asparagus during the last 4 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- Meanwhile, brush salmon with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place fish on oiled grill rack, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from heat until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 6-8 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine potato mixture, arugula, tomatoes and chives. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve with salmon.
Nutrition Facts1 salmon fillet with 2 cups salad: 480 calories, 23g fat (4g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 642mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 2, 2017
Loved the combination of salmon and asparagus..very good flavors! The dish was easy to make and very attractive when served!
Jun 16, 2016
I only made 1/2 of the recipe for 2 of us. Since I'm not fond of Asparagus, I used all green beans, kept the tomatoes whole, did everything on the grill and basted w/ the vinaigrette . Yum!! P.S. Make sure the salmon is wild caught!!!