Sesame Salmon with Wasabi Mayo
I created this recipe to mimic the flavors of sushi. It’s remarkably simple and turns out well every time. —Carolyn Ketchum, Wakefield, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 salmon fillet (2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared wasabi
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Drizzle butter and 2 tablespoons oil into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; tilt to coat bottom. Place salmon in dish; brush with remaining oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 18-22 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice and wasabi. Sprinkle salmon with onions and sesame seeds. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked salmon with 1 tablespoon sauce: 439 calories, 36g fat (8g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 302mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Sesame Roasted Salmon with Wasabi Mayonnaise in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012
May 3, 2012
It was a nice change-up from the usual. I have become a huge fan of wasabi lately and would use even more in the recipe next time.
Dec 14, 2011
A skoshe more wasabi would be lovely,for all you horseradish fans.