Nut-Crusted Fried Fish
The nutty taste of this simple coating complements flaky fish fillets quite nicely. Complete the meal with parsley new potatoes and corn on the cob in season. Or, for a faster finish, serve with frozen French fries and mixed vegetables.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pecans or pistachios
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 pound fish fillets (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, pecans or pistachios, salt and pepper. Place the flour in a shallow bowl and the milk in another bowl. Cut fish fillets into serving-size pieces if necessary. Dredge fish in flour, dip in milk, then coat with the crumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Fry the fish for 4-5 minutes on each side or until it flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 451 calories, 30g fat (4g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 527mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Feb 26, 2015
This was pretty tasty and definitely an easy weeknight meal.
Oct 4, 2009
What a wonderful way to cook fish! I used orange roughy. My daughter is not fond of nuts, but thought this was wonderful.