Pine Nut-Crusted Tilapia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, ground
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Additional honey, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine the pine nuts, flour, dill and lemon-pepper. In another shallow bowl, combine the egg, lemon juice and honey. Dip fillets in egg mixture, then coat with nut mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook fillets in butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drizzle with additional honey if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 237 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Oct 18, 2014
Delicious! Loved it, loved it, loved it!!
Mar 17, 2014
Fish fell apart when I tried to turn it. I enjoyed the flavor, but I don't think anyone else did.
May 30, 2013
I tried this recipe tonight and it was well received by my family. Of course, I didn't follow the directions exactly. I chose to bake it at 425 degrees until it was golden brown. I placed it on non-stick foil that had been lightly coated with cooking spray. There were no leftovers!
Apr 7, 2011
We enjoyed this dish. I put the pine nuts, flour, dill weed and seasoning in my food processor and that worked great. The fish had a good flavor and was very moist and tasty.
Jun 1, 2010
Excellent recipe! I didn't have pine nuts on hand, so I used walnuts!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.