Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cod or haddock fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Place butter in a 13x9-in. baking dish; place in a 400° oven until melted. Spread butter over bottom of dish; cover with onion.
- Arrange fish over onion; sprinkle with salt, dill and pepper. Combine the Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, parsley and lemon juice; spread over fish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° until fish flakes easily with a fork, 18-20 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 220 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 658mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 8, 2019
We did not particularly care for this dish. The only changes I made (other than halving the recipe to serve two) were to substitute mozzarella for the Parmesan and a large shallot for the onion. I may try making it again and reducing the cooking time. But our dissatisfaction went beyond the fish’s being slightly overcooked, so maybe not.
Jul 15, 2017
This recipe is fantastic! I doubled the recipe and only increased the almonds. It was simple and DELICIOUS. My husband and I devoured it. Served it on top of brown and wild rice, asparagus and a spinach salad. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Oct 20, 2013
It gets a 5star wow yum yum .. We are hooked ..tried it for the first time today.
Apr 16, 2013
This is sooooo good. It is also easy to make. It has a "good" resataurant mix of flavors, but not the cost. I used Tilapia.
Mar 21, 2013
Since finding this receipt have made it several times. This is quick, easy and is delicious. Highly recommend trying this, you will be hooked.
Feb 18, 2013
My prediabetic sweetheart loved this!!
Jan 27, 2012
This was excellent! I followed someone's suggestion and used basil instead of parsley. I will definitely make this again.
Jan 22, 2011
My husband Loved this!!
Sep 19, 2010
I'm a big dill fan so I added a little extra...this was terrific!
Jul 7, 2009
I just substituted fresh basil from my garden for the parsley. M-M-M good.