Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato, avocado, onion, cilantro, oil, garlic and 2 tablespoons vinaigrette. Chill until serving.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Place salmon skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 7-9 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork. Brush with remaining vinaigrette. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet with 1/2 cup salsa: 301 calories, 21g fat (3g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Jun 4, 2013
Enjoyed this recipe!
Aug 3, 2012
My husband does not like avocado but really liked this salsa. I've given the recipe to many of my friends.
Jan 2, 2012
Great salmon. loved the balsamic on it.
Sep 14, 2011
My husband is diabetic and he loved this dish. It was soo easy to make and tastes great!
Jun 1, 2011
Awesome recipe!! I've made the salsa with grilled onions too.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.