Salmon with Spinach Sauce
You won't have to fish for compliments with this tasty recipe developed by Country Woman's Test Kitchen. Poaching is a quick and healthy way to prepare an entree as delicate as fish, keeping it moist and tender while cooking. And the flavorful spinach sauce adds a pretty green accent to the pink salmon.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min.
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 slices lemon
- In a small bowl, combine spinach, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice and garlic salt; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Place trivet insert and 1 cup water in a 3- or 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Place salmon on trivet; sprinkle with lemon-pepper and top with lemon slices. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure cook on high for 3 minutes. Quick-release pressure. A thermometer inserted in fish should read at least 145°.
- Discard lemon slices. Serve salmon with spinach sauce.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested at 15 pounds of pressure (psi).