Fish Tacos with Berry Salsa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup chopped peeled jicama
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- Preheat broiler. For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Place fillets on a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan; sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt. Broil 4-6 in. from heat 5-7 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Serve fish in tortillas with salsa and cheese.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2 tacos: 329 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 599mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 6g fiber), 38g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch.
May 1, 2015
Just OK, but that was probably my fault. I cook for only 2 people, so I bypassed the jicama and substituted a Granny Smith apple, which was waaaay too tart. I will definitely try this again with the jicama, or perhaps a Fuji or Gala apple,.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.