Fish Tacos with Guacamole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 2 cups angel hair coleslaw mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound tilapia fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: hot pepper sauce, chopped tomatoes, green onions and jalapeno pepper
- In a small bowl, toss coleslaw mix with oil and lime juice; refrigerate until serving. In another bowl, mash avocado with a fork; stir in sour cream, onion, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle tilapia with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add tilapia; cook until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 3-4 minutes on each side. Serve in tortillas with coleslaw, guacamole and desired toppings.
Nutrition Facts2 tacos: 308 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 6g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 fat.
Apr 28, 2018
We really liked this recipe. Since the fish has no breading it is WW friendly and it is so fast and easy to make.
Sep 30, 2017
I don't usually associate fish with tacos, so this recipe was somewhat of a departure from the usual for me. I'm glad I tried it! I used my own slightly-spicier homemade guacamole, but even store-bought guacamole works.Note: Try the add-ons at the end of the recipe - they add great flavors.
Jul 2, 2015
This was a nice way to change-up our ho-hum fish dinners at home. The flavors came through nicely, and it was easy to make. I didn't have lime juice on hand, so I substituted for lemon juice, which didn't affect the taste a bit.
Jun 2, 2015
These tacos made a quick and tasty meal. I added chopped green onion to the coleslaw mix instead of using as a garnish. The guacamole was different but very good. Added a little bit of red pepper to the fish. Garnished with chopped tomatoes. Not only was it delicious but it tasted very fresh and felt quite healthy!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.