Naked Fish Tacos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Place first four ingredients in a bowl; toss with 2 teaspoons oil, lime juice, cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Refrigerate until serving.
- Pat fillets dry with paper towels; sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; cook tilapia until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 3-4 minutes per side. Top with slaw and avocado.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 293 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 663mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 3 fat, 1 vegetable.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 17, 2020
Thanks! It was helpful. I would like to help people out there through my experience. Being on a diet is pretty much difficult as I used to have these cravings for pizzas and sandwiches. So one fine day my friend suggested me this so called keto bread. It is a recipe guide by a nutritional biochemist, Kelley Herring. After going through her website: //*https://bit.ly/379hIZv*// , I have learnt that traditional bread produces certain compounds that trigger receptors in our brain causing pleasure whenever we consume cheese, pizza,etc. This, over a time causes cravings, eventually making it impossible to burn fat, which is the worst we can do to our body. Also that, gluten free products contain arsenic that lead to headaches, fatigue, brain fog, digestive issues, heart disease, cancer and diabetes. And then I got her guide and ended up baking grain free low carb bread and trust me, I never felt the need to cheat on my diet and the best thing is that the taste was all same. I have a healthy body now, in a shape I dreamt of. I would highly recommend you to go through her website, she is assuring 100% money-back guarantee.
Oct 8, 2017
This recipe is so good. It is quick to fix and so tasty. Plus it is lo-cal. Try it...you will love it.