Soft Fish Tacos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup fat-free tartar sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 10 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, chopped tomato and sliced avocado, optional
- In a large bowl, toss the coleslaw mix, tartar sauce, salt, cumin and pepper; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook tilapia in oil and lemon juice over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Place tilapia on tortillas; top with coleslaw mixture. Serve with cheese, tomato and avocado if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 310 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 542mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Aug 19, 2017
Good, but used different fish.Tilapia is farmed raise, and fed with human waste, and everything else that is disgusting, then sent to the US. Do your home work people.
Mar 8, 2014
This was fantastic and so easy to make.
Feb 19, 2014
very easy... I used pico de gallo instead of tarter sauce and lime jiuce to drizzle
Oct 18, 2011
I meant we used regular tartar sauce.
Oct 18, 2011
We used cod, flour tortillas and regular tortillas instead of what was originally stated in the recipe. These were delicious and very quick and easy to make. We will be sure to make these again!
Feb 26, 2011
Fast & delicious! Only thing I changed was to use flour tortillas since we did not have corn, and regular tartar since I didn't have fat-free. They were yummy! Will definitely make again.
Aug 25, 2010
This was AMAZING, FAST AND EASY! So good! Will definitely make it again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.