Fantastic Fish Tacos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 pound mahi mahi or cod fillets, cut into 1-inch strips
- 4 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- For sauce, in a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, lime juice and milk; refrigerate until serving.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together egg and water. In another bowl, toss bread crumbs with lemon pepper. Dip fish in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add fish; cook 2-4 minutes per side or until golden brown and fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Serve in tortillas with toppings and sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 taco: 321 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 148mg cholesterol, 632mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.
Feb 15, 2018
Cheated and used Gorton's Fish Tenders. I know, I know.... but when house is locked up because of freezing temps we don't want to smell fried fish for days and days. Anyway, these were quite good and will make again.
Dec 2, 2017
Quick and yummy. I took another reviewer's advice and let the coleslaw sit in the sauce for a while and it worked out well. I also substituted citrus basil blend for lemon pepper.
Aug 3, 2015
Hubble and I will have this again
Mar 30, 2015
This is the long and messy way to cook fish. Alternately, I prefer to broil / bake at 450 deg F to achieve the same flavor for taco. The frying was difficult to control and my children did not care for it.
Jul 10, 2014
My husband and I loved these! I've been looking for a great fish taco recipe and I have found a winner!
Jun 10, 2014
My 6 year old helped me make these last night and they were wonderful! We used Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning since I'm not a lemon-pepper fan and we mixed in 1/2 panko 1/2 breadcrumbs. Very good, will definitely make again!
May 2, 2014
I made these with Lake Erie perch and they were delicious. My whole family loved them. It is definitely a keeper.
Mar 14, 2014
Love these. I mixed the coleslaw in the sauce and let it sit , much better.
Dec 8, 2012
Delicious! I served these with the Pineapple Salsa and tortilla chips on the same page.
Apr 4, 2011
My family really likes these tacos. I used broccoli slaw rather than coleslaw mix.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.