Summer Garden Fish Tacos
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 20 min.
- 1 medium ear sweet corn, husk removed
- 1 poblano pepper, halved and seeds removed
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium heirloom tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill corn and pepper, covered, over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle fish with salt. Grill fish and squash, covered, over medium heat 7-9 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork and squash is tender, turning once.
- Cut corn from cob and place in a bowl. Chop pepper and squash; add to corn. Stir in tomato, onion, cilantro, lime zest and lime juice. Serve fish in taco shells; top with corn mixture and avocado slices.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2 tacos: 278 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Jul 9, 2015
Wow! This is a great recipe, so much flavor. Home run in my house! Followed the recipe exactly as is, wouldn't change a thing.??
Jul 9, 2015
where do you find purple carrots?
Jan 5, 2015
These were amazing! The only change I made was adding Ancho Chile Pepper powder to the tilapia while cooking. Great recipe!
Jul 21, 2014
This were the best fish tacos EVER!
Jun 25, 2014
This was a good fish taco. It was hard to keep it from falling apart on a hard shell though. With typical taco meat and cheese, everything sticks better. Messy, but good.