Martha’s Fish Tacos
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 2 large ears sweet corn
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 haddock fillet (8 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons taco sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Spread corn with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle fish with 1 teaspoon chili powder. Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill fish, covered, over medium heat for 7-9 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Cool corn slightly; remove kernels from cobs. Place in a large bowl. Add the lettuce, tomatoes, red pepper, avocado, taco sauce, 1 tablespoon lime juice, cilantro, lime zest, and remaining chili powder.
- Drizzle remaining lime juice over fish; cut into 1/2-in. cubes.
- Add to corn mixture. Spoon 1/2 cup mixture over each tortilla. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2 tacos: 446 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 650mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 19g protein.
Feb 13, 2013
Excellent flavor! Very light!
Jan 19, 2012
My husband loved these. I didn't have tomatoes or taco sauce, so I just used salsa. It's winter so, no cob either, just used frozen corn w/sea salt. We used multigrain taco shells. Made a really nice meal, tasted light & was filling.
May 2, 2011
My family LOVED these!
Apr 6, 2011
This was DELICIOUS! It was light and filling. I didn't cook on grill but prepared inside and added some shrimp. One of our favorite meals!
Mar 15, 2011
i wasn't a fan. didn't think flavor was anything special.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.