Lime Fish Tacos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound red snapper or orange roughy fillets
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 7 teaspoons lime juice, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 7 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- Remove skin from fish and cut fish into 1-in. cubes. In a nonstick skillet, saute garlic in butter and 5 teaspoons lime juice for 30 seconds. Add fish and pepper. Cook for 6-8 minutes over medium heat until fish flakes easily with a fork, gently stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, hot pepper sauce and remaining lime juice. Place a spoonful of fish on each tortilla. Top each with lettuce, tomato and sour cream sauce; fold over.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 238 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 lean meat.
Apr 17, 2017
I thought the sauce was pretty good, but I felt like the fish was a little bland. The taste was very very subtle. I like how this was made, but I'd try experimenting with different spices and whatnot next time. I also used a slaw mix instead of lettuce. 5 stars for sauce, 3 stars for fish, average of 4 stars.
Nov 1, 2016
This was my first attempt at fish tacos & they turned out delicious. The lime flavor in the sauce was just right. I used tilapia, since I knew that I like that kind of fish. I also like my fat so I didn't use fat-free ingredients.
Jun 10, 2015
Easy, simple and delicious. Will definitely make these again!
Jan 10, 2010
Lime Fish Tacos were my families first taste of fish tacos and this recipe has become one of our favorites. Quick and easy to prepare with not a morsel left in the pan.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.