Pineapple Shrimp Tacos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large sweet orange pepper, sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 envelope fajita seasoning mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded cotija or mozzarella cheese
- 8 large romaine lettuce leaves
- Cook shrimp in 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the peppers, onion and pineapple in remaining oil until tender. Add seasoning mix and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Return shrimp to the skillet; heat through. Spoon onto tortillas; top with cheese. Wrap lettuce around tortillas to serve.
Nutrition Facts2 tacos: 382 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 1123mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 6g fiber), 27g protein.
Aug 6, 2015
These were good. I tried both corn and flour tortillas and found I preferred the corn. The pineapple flavor didn't come through as much as I expected but then I found most of the pineapple at the bottom of the pan. Perhaps some larger chunks next time?
Jul 4, 2013
This was a good recipe. Flour tortillas were used instead of corn. Recipe took longer to make than the 25min prep/cook time listed. Overall, it was easy and nearly everyone liked it.
Jun 1, 2013
These are great!
May 21, 2013
Really loved the flavor. Thought I'd make some Spanish rice to go inside too. Ha! No room at the inn. I'm not sure how they got all the ingredients to fit into a 6" tortilla. I tried a 10" flour(what I had on hand), and couldn't fit. Ate the tortilla on the side, with the rice, and ate the shrimp/pepper mixture alone. Yummmm. Will make again, probably the same way. ;-D
May 8, 2013
These were so good. I used a whole can of pineapple tidbits. I thought the flavors were wonderful. Will make again!
Mar 26, 2013
I've never been brave enough to try anything but beef or chicken tacos, but the pineapple, shrimp and seasoning are a wonderful combination! We felt it could use a little more pineapple and seasoning though.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.