Feta Shrimp Tacos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip Light or reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 banana pepper, finely chopped
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Sliced avocado, optional
- In a bowl, mix Miracle Whip, vinegar, mustard and pepper. Add cabbage, onion and banana pepper; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
- Toss shrimp with taco seasoning. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve in tortillas; top with slaw, cheese and, if desired, avocado.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2 tacos (calculated without avocado): 443 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 150mg cholesterol, 882mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 8g fiber), 30g protein.
May 1, 2016
My son loves these so much that he requested them for his birthday! I sometimes like to add a little honey to the taco seasoning to coat the shrimp.
Feb 25, 2012
Love, love, love this recipe! Have mde several times and have substituted fish for the shrimp for variety. This one is a real winner!
Feb 21, 2011
Red slaw blend added a very unique flavor and texture combination. Am now making it to add to coldcuts sandwiches, adding a touch of horseradish sauce. Used low carb, high fiber tortillas for this recipe.
Jan 31, 2011
yummy-easy & quick used low carb tortillas and cole slaw instead of the red cabbage!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.