Feta Shrimp Tacos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip Light or reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 banana pepper, finely chopped
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Sliced avocado, optional
- In a bowl, mix Miracle Whip, vinegar, mustard and pepper. Add cabbage, onion and banana pepper; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
- Toss shrimp with taco seasoning. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve in tortillas; top with slaw, cheese and, if desired, avocado.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2 tacos (calculated without avocado): 443 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 150mg cholesterol, 882mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 8g fiber), 30g protein.
Apr 5, 2019
This was very yummy. I only had a little shrimp left so I cut it in half. I used regular mayo and it seemed to work out just fine. I used a slaw mix instead of just red cabbage. I used jarred mild banana pepper rings which I chopped up. The taco seasoning I used was regular bulk, and because I know it's not as strong as the taco packets, I used the full amount of taco seasoning (despite cutting it in half). My husband and I really liked it and I'll definitely make this again, the full amount, next time.
May 1, 2016
My son loves these so much that he requested them for his birthday! I sometimes like to add a little honey to the taco seasoning to coat the shrimp.
Feb 25, 2012
Love, love, love this recipe! Have mde several times and have substituted fish for the shrimp for variety. This one is a real winner!
Feb 21, 2011
Red slaw blend added a very unique flavor and texture combination. Am now making it to add to coldcuts sandwiches, adding a touch of horseradish sauce. Used low carb, high fiber tortillas for this recipe.
Jan 31, 2011
yummy-easy & quick used low carb tortillas and cole slaw instead of the red cabbage!