Pineapple Chicken Fajitas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, julienned
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes. Add peppers and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes longer.
- In a small bowl, combine seasoning mix and water; stir in the honey, parsley, garlic powder and salt. Stir into skillet. Add pineapple. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- Place chicken mixture on one side of each tortilla; fold tortillas over filling.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 402 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 839mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 7g fiber), 30g protein.
Oct 10, 2017
My husband and I were not impressed with this. I made the recipe as-is (no substitutes). We found the flavor to be very mild, almost like it was watered down. Maybe that's because I never drained the chicken? It never stated to do so, so I didn't. The flavor we could taste was good, we just wanted more of it. I'm not sure I'd make this again since there are other fajita recipes we liked better, but if I do I'd try it as others suggested with using pineapple juice and I'll probably drain the chicken.
May 12, 2017
My wife's favorite dish!
Apr 21, 2016
I made fajitas for the first time ever and I'm certainly happy I found this recipe! Absolutely delicious! I did use pineapple juice instead of water, but no other changes. Thanks for the recipe??
Apr 29, 2015
My husband and I really enjoyed these fajitas. After reading the reviews, I also used pineapple juice instead of water...yum! I will definitely make them again!
Jun 19, 2013
I made this for the first time tonight. I also added the pineapple juice instead of the water. It was excellent! My husband and I loved it!
Mar 6, 2012
Used pineapple juice instead of water. So yummy!
Apr 18, 2011
Finally got around to trying this recipe tonight! The pineapple & honey added a subtle sweet flavor. ~A nice diversion to typical fajitas. :) Excited to substitute the water with pineapple juice next time! Thanks for the idea!
Jan 9, 2011
My husband and I absolutely love this recipe, especially prepared with the low fat spanish rice recipe. We do substitute pineapple juice for the water to make it even more mouth watering. Pair it with low carb whole wheat tortillas to make it extra healthy!
Sep 20, 2010
May 10, 2009
I didn't have fajita seasoning so found a recipe on the internet that used spices that I have on hand. Turned out excellent! Even my youngest ate every last bite!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.