Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients until smooth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken, pineapple, water chestnuts and ginger; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 349 calories, 12g fat (0 saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Sep 3, 2013
Made this for the family and they love it. Our fussy eater even wanted seconds
Oct 27, 2011
Husband and kids love this!
Oct 2, 2010
It takes a lot for me to throw away food, but the flavor of this dish was just awful!
Apr 10, 2010
Absolutely amazing flavor! My husband and I loved it and can't wait to make it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.