Pineapple Chicken Sliders
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Broil: 10 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 8 whole wheat dinner rolls, split
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 teaspoons juice. In a large bowl, combine carrot, onion, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, garlic powder and drained pineapple. Add chicken; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Place rolls on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, cut side up. Broil 4 in. from heat until toasted, 30-60 seconds. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add burgers to same pan. Broil 4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 4-6 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise, ginger, remaining soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice. Serve burgers on rolls with lettuce and sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 slider: 223 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 331mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 8, 2017
I've never been a pineapple with meat, kind of person. I decided to give these a try as my family does like pineapple based chicken from our favorite Thai place. These we ok but we weren't fans of the seasoning. I think I need to work on tweaking the ginger and all to our taste.
Nov 29, 2015
These were great! Very tasty and filling~ we'll definitely make these again.