Sheet-Pan Pineapple Chicken Fajitas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins, halved lengthwise
- 1 large red or sweet onion, halved and sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: Pico de gallo, sour cream, shredded Mexican cheese blend and sliced avocado
- Lime wedges, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, mix first 5 ingredients; stir in chicken. Add onion, peppers, pineapple, honey and lime juice; toss to combine. Spread evenly in two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans.
- Roast 10 minutes, rotating pans halfway through cooking. Remove pans from oven; preheat broiler.
- Broil chicken mixture, one pan at a time, 3-4 in. from heat until vegetables are lightly browned and chicken is no longer pink, 3-5 minutes. Serve in tortillas, with toppings and lime wedges as desired.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts2 fajitas: 359 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 372mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 6g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 19, 2018
These are soooo good! I love the addition of the pineapple.
Feb 11, 2018
We are not big fans of cooked pineapple but this recipe is delicious and easy. My first try at making a sheet pan meal that was successful. (I tried to create one and failed). As a TOH Volunteer Field Editor I have fun rating these recipes and this one deserves a try.