Chicken with Pineapple
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce or reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- Flatten the chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a large shallow dish; add chicken and turn to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken over medium heat in oil until juices run clear, 3-5 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. (Discard remaining juice or save for another use.)
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and reserved juice until smooth. Gradually add to skillet. Stir in the honey, teriyaki sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir until thickened, about 30 seconds. Add pineapple and chicken; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without rice): 247 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jan 21, 2020
I don’t know what everyone is complaining about other then then desperate need to complain. I made this according to the recipe and it was delicious. The only thing I added was a teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes. Tastes just like the pineapple chicken we get at our favorite Chinese restaurant.
Sep 17, 2019
Very easy and quick but no flavor and not nearly enough sauce. I agree with others that it needs green pepper, onion—something!
May 21, 2019
My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe. I did make it my own. I doubled all the ingredients and used a 20oz pineapple chunks. I also use boneless chicken thighs. I did use all the juice and the sauce turned out really, really good. I used instant brown rice and that added a chewy taste.
May 19, 2019
Why do people review a recipe when they do everything except make the recipe. It is not the recipe when one adds all the extra stuff. If you want your recipe on the site and your name then submit your recipe. But please tell the truth about this recipe as printed.
Oct 11, 2018
I knew that the recipe as is, was not going to have enough flavor. So I gave it three stars for that. That being said, I tweaked it as follows: I used one red bell pepper, seeded, and sliced thin. I also added one 15 oz can of chicken broth to make more juice. I did save the pineapple juice and used that with the cornstarch. I also added two scallions, sliced and used the green part for color in the dish.I also added one jalapeno, seeded, and sprinkled in some red chili pepper flakes for heat. I like it sweet and hot! I guess this really qualifies as my own recipe, and not fair for me to critique this one. But this recipe is a good base for however you want to change it!
Mar 6, 2016
Super easy! I did use more juice and only a teaspoon of corn starch and tsp of soy sauce. Chicken was super tender and super tasty.
Jan 14, 2014
Jul 9, 2013
PickyPicky eater approved!
Jul 21, 2011
Bland and boring. Needs onion or peppers or something.
May 25, 2011
I really liked this and it was simple and easy to make. I cut my chicken up in pieces instead of leaving the breasts whole. My small children wouldn't touch it -- apparently they don't like teriyaki -- but that is their loss.