Chicken with Pineapple
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce or reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- Flatten the chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken over medium heat in oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. (Discard remaining juice or save for another use.)
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and reserved juice until smooth. Gradually add to skillet. stir in the honey, teriyaki sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 30 seconds or until thickened. Add pineapple and chicken; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without rice): 247 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Mar 6, 2016
Super easy! I did use more juice and only a teaspoon of corn starch and tsp of soy sauce. Chicken was super tender and super tasty.
Jan 14, 2014
Jul 9, 2013
PickyPicky eater approved!
Jul 21, 2011
Bland and boring. Needs onion or peppers or something.
May 25, 2011
I really liked this and it was simple and easy to make. I cut my chicken up in pieces instead of leaving the breasts whole. My small children wouldn't touch it -- apparently they don't like teriyaki -- but that is their loss.
Apr 11, 2011
I added mango and thought it was tatsy, but everyone said needs about three times the sauce to accomodate the rice.
Mar 5, 2011
Quick & easy - great for dinner when you're crunched for time. I cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and found it needed to cook longer than 3-5 minutes. I will also double the sauce next time. Not bad though!
Nov 8, 2009
I made it exactly as it said & didn't like it. I will give it another try, but take some advice from the others and tweak it.
Oct 22, 2009
I didn't do any tweaking, I made it just like the recipe said and my family and I weren't impressed. The extra sauce or the other "tweak" ideas might help, though. At least it's healthy! :)
Oct 13, 2009
I love this dish! I did tweak it though. I cut the chicken into bite size pieces and use pinapple and mandarin oranges and increase the amount of sauce. It is wonderful!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.